Mil-Std 810G is the military grade standard for drop testing for electronics that is designed to emulate a variety of controlled drops. Devices are then inspected for functionality and physical damage such as cracks, dings, and bends. All SafeSleeve cell phone cases (Original, Detachable, and Slim Styles) have passed Military Grade (Mil-Std 810G) drop testing in an independent laboratory. An excerpt of the report can be found below and the full report can be found here.
TEST PROCEDURES AND TEST RESULTS
- Reference 2.2, Document: Mil-Std 810G Method 516.6 Procedure IV Drop Test
- Reference 2.3, Product detail: 1 phone and 3 cases
- Date Commenced: November 20, 2019
- Date Completed: November 20, 2019
- The test product was placed on a drop tester. The test set- up photographs are shown in Appendix B.
- The product was then subjected to 26 drops at 48” onto a two-inch plywood backed by steel/concrete.
- The test product underwent a function check before and after drops as follows:
- On/Off functioning
- Swipe functioning
- Home button functioning
- Volume Up/Down functioning
- No visible damage to body
- No visible damage to screen
- Audio functioning (ear jack & speaker)
- The test product passed all pass/fail criteria.
- No significant damage to test product during testing.